Bindle paper is one of the tools that has long been used by forensic examiners to collect evidence and transport the evidence so that none of the contents are lost or contaminated. … Bindle paper is nothing more than a clean sheet of paper that is folded in a defined manner in a series of steps.
What is a paper bindle quizlet?
Paper bindle. A folded paper used to hold trace evidence.
Which type of evidence would be put into a paper bindle before it was put into an evidence bag *?
pick it up with a tweezer, put it in a paper bindle then an evidence, it would be labeled with an evidence log, and sealed with signature.
What does a bindle look like?
A bindle is the bag, sack, or carrying device stereotypically used by the American sub-culture of hobos. … In modern popular culture the bindle is portrayed as a stick with cloth or a blanket tied around one end for carrying items, with the entire array being carried over the shoulder.
What is a paper bindle used for?
Typically, bindle paper is used for so-called trace evidence such as fibers, hair, paint chips, crystallized or dust-like material such as drugs, or other tiny particles.
Why is the chain of custody important?
Importance of the Chain of Custody
The chain of custody proves the integrity of a piece of evidence.  A paper trail is maintained so that the persons who had charge of the evidence at any given time can be known quickly and summoned to testify during the trial if required.
How do you make a paper pouch at home?
How to make a paper pouch at home?
- Step 1: Fold the sheet almost into half, leaving about one centimeter of space at the bottom. …
- Step 2: Fold the edge upwards and then fold it up again, so it is more secure and will not unravel. …
- Step 3: Turn the sheet of paper over. …
- Step 4: The left part can be opened and you can insert small knickknacks into the pouch.
How do you make a paper pouch out of money?
- To make the cleanest cuts, use a metal ruler and a craft knife (such as an Xacto blade). …
- You can use just about any type of paper you want for this, including printer paper! …
- Decorate your finished pouches with stickers or stamps! …
- The thicker the paper is, the longer your pouch will last.
What type of evidence goes in a paper bag?
When Paper Bags Work Best
However, paper bags are best for other types of evidence, such as blood, saliva, semen, and other body fluid stains. Paper bags work well for both fresh and dried blood or semen stains, for example.
What are three examples of staged crime scenes?
Other common examples of staged crime scenes include the following: A murderer breaks a window or pries a lock and makes sure a prized piece of insured jewelry is missing in an effort to stage the crime so that it looks a burglar killed the victim.
What are the 8 steps of packaging evidence?
- 1 Physical containment and protection.
- 2 Contamination.
- 3 Dangerous evidence.
- 4 Identification.
- 5 Security.
- 8 External Links.
What is a bindle stiff?
: hobo especially : one who carries his clothes or bedding in a bundle.
What do you put in a bindle?
What To Put In Your Bindle
- Swiss Army Knife: to cut off hunks of cheese, open cans of baked beans, or fend off attackers.
- Small Tin: to eat said cheese, beans, off of.
- Picture of Your Family: the more wrinkled the better.
- Flask Full of Booze: to keep you warm on those cold winter nights.
What do you put in a bindle forensics?
Properly folded, the paper evidence fold is a leak proof container that may be used for small quantities of any dry substance such as hairs, fibers or powders that may leak from envelopes or paper bags. 7”, or larger, envelope or paper bag which is labeled and sealed.